Friday, April 25, 2014

You got questions?


Here are some answers to common questions that I've been asked. I hope this finds you well, and that you are behaving for Mrs. Zepeda!

Q: How do I get to Google Drive?
A: drive.google.com

Q: How do I indent for a new paragraph?
A: Hit the tab key

Q: What is on the Works Cited Page?
A: Literally, the only thing that goes on that page is the title (Works Cited) and your four MLA citations. The video shows you how to do the hanging indent. Google an example of a works cited page if you are still confused.

Q: When is the final paper due?
A: MAY 2nd is when I will be checking Google Drive for your final copy.

Q: What should I name the document in my Reader Writer Notebook?
A: ALL RESEARCH PAPERS IN GOOGLE DRIVE SHOULD BE NAMED "LAST NAME, FIRST NAME." You can change the document name by looking at the top left hand corner of your document.

Q: How will this be graded? Is there a rubric or something?
A: Look at the peer editing guide in your packet. Those are the things I am looking for :)

Q: How do I make sure I am formatting my paper according to MLA style?
A: If you watched the videos in the previous post, then you should be in good shape. You can also find a lot of information about MLA style by just googling it and looking at a picture.

Q: Where does my in-text citation go?
A: Your in-text citation should FOLLOW the information that you borrowed. So for example, if my paper were on the benefits of not eating meat here's what that would look like: According to research, meat is very high in fat, especially saturated fat (Smith). See how I put the in-text citation at the end of the sentence and inside the punctuation?

Q: What do I do when I'm done with my final draft?
A: You may have free time on the computer! Woot! Woot!

Q: What if I don't want to do my work?
A: You will get 2 tallies-- one from Mrs. Zepeda and one from ME!

Q: Why do we have to do this?
A: You are in school until May 23rd. We are not your babysitters :(




No comments:

Post a Comment

Participate in discussion :)